side effects please read!!!

If you have been off the depo shot for a while did u still have side effects? how long did they last? and what side effects did u have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your period may still be irregular
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• after i got out of it i didnt get my period until about 9 months afterwards and i only got it once
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was on the shot from 05-2004-01/2009, periods slowed and then stopped around 01/2005, and didn't start back up until 01/2010. My first one was 50days and very light...since then the most time in between periods was about 2wks, some periods have been "normal" lasting a week and being of normal flow, others have been about 2wks long and very light. With some of them I have the PMS symptoms (cramping, sore back, tender breasts), others I have no symptoms and BAM it's here.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 8:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• really bad headaches and iregular periods , the period still is irregular after me being of f the depo for 9 months .! maybe breastfeeding has contribute to the irregularities but im not sure , and the headaches are gone !

ooh ! and i also gained weight , i don't remember how much but it was do to the water retention due to the depo !

what i do know for sure , is that i am not getting that depo shot ever again !

and i also know that because of it , even after when ur off the depo shot it can take up to one year to be able to conceive again and you lose calcium in your bones . !

i had lack of sleep . really bad headaches , gain weight , and body-weakness , i felt really fragile and tired all the time , and is just not good !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010