Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Im finally leave my husband after almost 6yrs he has a drinking problem, and i really feel like he doesnt want a family.. i already went to get some help until i get a job offer and a place to live we have a 2yr old son.. when my dh got his dui he signed his truck over to me and my car is broke right now he called yesterday and cussed me out never asked how his son is or anything just wants his truck but he wont give me my stuff so what does everyone think should i give it back to him so he just leaves me alone or should i keep it until we go to court and sees what happens (It was his dads truck his dad passed away) oh and he will not buy anything for our son he has even threw in my face that he will sign his rights away so he wont have to pay support i live in ohio..
oh and does anyone know how i can file for a divorce when i dont have much money im not worried about him trying to take my son but im worried his mom will try

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • its in your name keep it.... sue him for your stuff.... dont ever say that the signing over of the truch wasnt a temp thing.... its in your name you didnt force him to sign it over to you keep it then sell it after you get your stuff.. get some money for you and that baby hes not taking care of

    Answer by pinkdena at 6:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • i dont know about divorce thing.... but dont let him sign over rights... unless you both agree to the signing of rights he cant... make him pay support and also just cause he pays support doesnt mean he gets to see your kid.... honestly a dirtbag like this wont get anything.

    Answer by pinkdena at 6:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • good luck girl i hope you get your money and dont give him anything!!!

    Answer by pinkdena at 6:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I hate being mean i was going to sign it over and the way he acted i said hell with that, i guess im going to have to be a b*tch, i have another ? he is on probation cant drink for a yr but he still does, i have wrote down everything he has done to me and every time he drinks he has been in trouble with the police for public intox too he thinks he can get custody i have never been in trouble! does anyone think i will have a problem with custody even though his family will probably go against me for keeping the truck and help him even though they know he cant care for my son, i have really no one! my dh has never changed a diaper never bathed my son or done anything like that and if i asked for things like pull ups diapers whatever he would get really pissed!! He does not need my son i have been mom and dad this long why have to change it now!!

    Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I tried doing things the nice way, gave him what he wanted when he wanted it, tried to be as considerate as possible, and he still screws me over every chance he gets. Do what you need to do for yourself and your child, and let him take care of himself- some things just don't change

    Answer by skittles1108 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Dnt give him anything & also dnt let him sign over his rights, i did that n i regret it like hell!!!As for your divorce i know here in Texas when i filed mine, i filed inability to pay & got granted , u might want to check w/ur courthouse, it doeant hurt to ask. Gl.

    Answer by gabby06 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • IMO I would keep it until yall go to court. Take a police officer over to the house with you to get your stuff so then he wont be able to do anything

    Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I wouldn't give him anything either. If he's being mean and nasty about things, you should to. There's no point in trying to be the bigger person when you won't gain anything out of it.

    Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • As far as custody is concerned, your MIL will not be able to get your son unless she can prove that both you and your DH are both bad parents. Don't worry about her. You can go to your local court house and see what can be done there. Also, do not give your DH the truck back. He signed it over to you, you have the boy, I would keep it. It sounds to me like he is not a good person, and only wants controversy..Good luck with what ever happens.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Thank you everyone i know i need to quit caring about everyones feelings its just really really hard his family has been like my family for 6yrs always there for me, but now that dh wants this divorce, they all are siding with him even though they all said he needs to grow up i dont understand it!!
    i really dont trust him if he gets visitations because he will probably drink or just leave him there with his family what should i do he needs parenting classes i just want to do this the right way so i dont get screwed b/c im the only one that ever tried and ive been the only one there for my son

    Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.