today i finallly asked for the divorce!

Well after feeling like crap because my husband wasn't paying any attention to me, . I told him to please leave the home and to find his true happinness. at firs he said fine, but an hour later he went into our room where i was laying down, and hugged me and asked me if i truly wanted him to leave i said yes, and that i could not live sad forever and that i wanted to be truly happy. he told me he was sorry for his behavior and that he was going to really change this time, and try to be more affectionate as i asked him to. he said that he never thought it was such a big deal, since he is always with me. he thought being in the same room meant being together. well i said i needed to be held and be loved and he should really think about it. I don't want to get my hopes up i said, but he promised to show me this week how he plans to change. so i accepted to give our relationship one more week to see the potential in his change. do you think he is sincere?

vvivianlove

Asked by vvivianlove at 10:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Time will tell. It may be short term just to get you out of the "leave" mood. But if he's truly sincere, he'll change for the better and keep it up!
    If you love him, give him a chance & when he starts doing things right, make sure you tell him he IS changing and maybe he'll keep it up! Men are like babies, we all have to train our men to be the man we want! LMAO! Good luck!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 11:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• He could very well be sincere. Guys are like that. They don't think about the emotional part of the relationship most of the time because they are men, but it's good that you pointed out the fact that you need affection. Now give him the chance to prove it but tell him this is not just a short time fix it, it's for the long run. That women need an emotional relationship as men need the physical kind. How long have you two been married? and another thing, what kind of work does he do? Those things could be a factor. I've been married three times. Once to a womanizer which lasted 6 years, on who was a nice guy but after several years became a house mate instead of a husband and ended it after 22 years, and married to an ex-womanizer who has finally grown up and knows that women need more than men do, and what to do about it............he's the best.
    christybearskn

Answer by christybearskn at 11:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It will take more than a week to show sincerity. It will take every day of your lifetime together. Just take it one day at a time. If he gets off course, take his hand and guide him back where he needs to be.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You just gave up! I am disappointed... the kids deserve more. You put your feelings first and no oneelses, You need to listen to what he is telling you and make the changes within yourself to make the difference. Divorce is not the answer. Kids need two parents together in the household not to be shuffled back and forth and all the other crap that goes on with divorce.. If your self esteem is so low, you think being on your own is going to change that? You have to build your self up and leave it up to someone else... BLAH I am disgusted!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2008