Halloween?

We don't like the holiday and are not taking part in it. We are against it because of our love for Christ. Does anyone share our views and maybe have some ideas on how to explain to people who don't share our views.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• ...I'm a Christian and I still celebrate Halloween.
    Anonymous

• Just explain that you don't agree with the holiday and feel personally convicted not to participate. Keep it personal and simple. And please don't say "because of my love for Christ". That borders being judgmental towards those that do celebrate (like they don't love God etc.)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We're Christian and celebrate Halloween. Our church does an outreach on Halloween night for the children of the community to have a safe place to come and get candy. I don't think celebrating Halloween diminishes any love for Christ, it just depends on how you celebrate it.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• u r aware that halloween is not only a celtic tradition but also a christian one that dates back centuries (it was called all soul's day) and that people used to go door to door begging for food (thus trick or treating) and in return the person would pray for their dead loved ones????
    Anonymous

• I don't "celebrate" Halloween but our church does have a community event on October 31st and below is what I posted in another group.

Many of these are people we would have never met, reached, or talked to. My take is... why give the devil October 31st... we as Christians cannot and should not hide in our homes and let the devil have free reign and claim that day. We need to come out and take it back...

The word says Ps. 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us will rejoice and be glad in it."

That includes Oct 31st.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't celebrate Halloween either, but I understand Christians who do and I don't think that it is wrong. It's a pretty innocent holiday for most people in America.
    When people ask us why we don't take part in it or why we choose to do an alternative, we tell them it is because we know people who have come from the occult or who were involved in witchcraft and have actually been involved in and witnessed horrible things on Halloween (one being a child sacrifice - yes - in America - recently). I tell them that we know too much about the seriousness of Halloween - how it actually, to some people, is a serious holiday in worship of Satan, and this is why we don't participate.
    However, we do realize that for the majority of Americans, Halloween is just a fun holiday where you dress up for fun and get candy. It's completely innocent and I don't think they will be judged for participating.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• its all hallows eve ad its NOT a satanic holiday as some think its just supposed to be a night that the souls come back to earth and its was centeries ago in alot of christian communities i think its stupid to say that its wrong because you beliv in god i do im a baptist and we dont mind being apart of it every year ..
    Anonymous

• I'm a christian and I like dressing up on halloween, I know some people look at it as a satanic holiday, but I look at it as a night to dress as someone/something else, go out and hang with friends...and get some free candy...
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 6:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm a christian and celebrate halloween every year with our kids. It's for fun that we dress up and to get candy. I have a friend who's family dosen't celebrate it and they take their kid to their church. They have a themed and safe enviroment for the kids. Last year they had to dress as a person from the bible. My friends son went as Jesus and was so excited about it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well, being pagan I love it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008