How does this quote make you feel?

I am looking for completely opinion based responses, so lets lay 'em on the table, but not attack each other.

"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too. My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• bull shit!
    Anonymous

• that sounds like that person is wanting to help the lower class people. so that they have some help and not JUST the upper class people. if thats what he is meaning, i think it is fair.
    Anonymous

• It is a quote without any context. I cannot comment, if you put the entire subject out there I would be happy to comment.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 5:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• it doesn't sound complete. it seems to be missing alot.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think its unfair because why is ok to take someone's hard earned income? The wealthy earned their income, fair and square, why should they have to give it back? It sounds like legalized plunder to me. Its one thing if some one wants to willingly donate their money, its another thing to force them to give their money. What you earn, no matter how great or how little, is your money and it should stay that way.
    Anonymous

• sounds like obama in ohio. i had relatives there at that event. he's lucky he wasnt attacked. the media did not show what happened after that phrase and how he was wisked away to his bus.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It sounds like someone wants to make working people pay a lot more to "help" people sit on their butts all day. Why should my family have to work twice as hard so someone else doesn't have to work at all? I've never had anything handed to me. I worked my way through college, got a good job. So did my husband. Every kid I went to high school with had the same chance as I did - many got free rides from their parents. I'm sure many wasted the chance. Why should we be penalized for working hard to get "success"? Why should it become harder and harder for us to "get ahead" because someone else wants a handout?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I can only find snip its of the entire quote, but here are two video links for those that want to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7wlDtfs1AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X0iBH7EEMs&feature=related

If you put them both together you get pretty much the full quote, including the question that sparked the answer.
    Anonymous

• http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/in-working-clas.html
    he is spreading something around alright.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sounds suspicously like a candidate just trying to get some votes and I'm pretty sure I can guess which one it is.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008