Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would I qual for any kind of state help with being seprated?

Things are getting so bad between me and my husband were talking about seprating on a trail bases.

Sence my kids aren't his he said he'd only give me $200 a month and I'll be staying with a friend with my 2 kids.

My friend wants $300 a month plus half of all utilties. I make about $400 every 2 weeks.

I wonder would I qual for any kind of state help with being seprated?

I'm in the state of CA and at this time they can't find my ex husband to get him to pay child support.

Answer Question

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (-29 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • In GA, if you are ordered CS whether you get it or not they consider it income. I would go in and see what they tell you. Unless your ordered alot of money for CS then I can't see why you wouldn't at least get food stamps.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 5:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • Go to the family support center on base and ask them. They can point you in the right direction and help you get the support you need should you and your DH separate. They also have counseling available if you and your DH want to give that a try. It won't cost you a dime. As long as you're legally married, you qualify for the same benefits you do now as far as the military goes, however as far as the state is concerned, as long as you are legally married, your DH's income counts when you try to apply for anything, which means you wouldn't qualify for much, if anything. I believe you can also go to Navy legal and ask about the CS. If you're ex has been ordered to pay CS, I think Navy legal will help you get that.

    Answer by MrsGurt at 5:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • in arizona you'd be cutting it short but since your only seperated that may not work out for you but since they are not your husbands then maybe. don't know but it's worth a try.

    Answer by melody77 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.