this may sound bad but do u think i am a bad mom???

I never thought of myself as a good mother and I have suffered from post partum depression and I am Bi-polar... well now that I am staying home with my son (2 yrs) for the last 4 months... I am starting to enjoy being a mom!! I didnt enjoy my time with my son b4 cause I was always moody and now that I am on a good balance of meds I feel better and that I am teaching my son the proper ways to do things..I am also 6 months pregnant too..
I am just enjoying my time with my son right now he makes me laugh and he is so funny and cute... his personality is really coming out....
(b4 the meds I had thoughts of hurting my son) it scared me enough I needed to get on the Meds....

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 5:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• Ofcourse you thought you were a bad mom, haven't we all at one time or another. Every great mother always wonders if they could have done a better job at some time. That just means that you want the best for your child. If you try to improve yourself, which you have done by regulating your meds and being the mom you want to be, then you have every chance of being a great mom. Way to go!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You're not a bad mom at all! Actually, getting the help you needed before acting on any thoughts of hurting him proves you to be responsible. Don't feel bad. I'm 9 months pregnant and at times cannot stand being around my 2 year old....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This is very common but a lot of women don't like to admit. it...Good for you for doing the right thing and getting help....It's hard when you feel that way....
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Recognizing a problem and getting yourself help makes you a good mother. My children get on my nerves to the point where I sometimes will put my daughter in her playpen and put my son in time out and go check the mail or something like that. You get yourself to a point where you can let yourself relax a little.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Your not a bad mom! You saw a problem fixed it, and now you are able to truly enjoy life, good for you. Sometimes my son drives me crazy, but I still adore every ounce of his being!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Having a mental health issue that is being treated does not make you a bad mom---it makes you a smart mom!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008