Has anyone been on Provera? If so how long did was it before you started your period?

My daughter was put on this to help get her periods started back, and was wondering how long does it usually take for it too work. She hasn't had one in about a y4. and have been birth control a couple of times but don't work.

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I can still only have periods with provera. You only take them for 10 days (day 16-25) so the period should start 3 days later on day 28. If I miss a period and don't know what day 16 is I just start taking them when I think of it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Have they done an ultrasound to see if she has PolyCystic Ovaries? I went ten yrs without having a period after my last child. I thought it was cool but the dr didn't and "fixed" me up so I'd have them again.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• They gave her a scipt for 14 and she is to take 2 a day.
    She is 17 and had to have diag. Laparascopy done at 15 due to endometriosis(sp). They done a ultrasound and it showed multipule cysts, which she gets everytime she turns around. They are running some blood test on her to check her ovaries out.
    my4loves3

Comment by my4loves3 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Hmm.. not sure, but good luck! :)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• poor girl! Hope they get it figured out soon
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• not sure, here's a bump though
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010