How do i get my sassy daughter to listen to me?

she is 6 and in 1st grade she only listens to her dad and back talks me gets in trouble at school every day dont care if i punish her or not she still does it my daughters dad thinks i should let her stay with him for a while but i cant imagin her not at home with me

chrissywiseman

Asked by chrissywiseman at 5:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If she can be good for him, she can be good for you.you didn't say what kind of punishment she gets, but, consisitany is th e key. Does she think that since she does'n't listen to yout hat she will stay with her Dad?Ask her and you might have found out why she is doing what she is doing.Ask her point blank questions about living with her Dad.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I stripped my childs room of everything! She had her bed and that's it. She had to earn the rest of her things back and it took a good 6 months to do it. I haven't had anymore problems outta her.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son is 4 and he talks back to his dad. I support him in scolding my son and demanding that he talk properly to his dad. I'm not sure what kind of relationship you have with her dad but is this something he can truly support you on? If she know's from both parents that it is not acceptable that may help.
    Also know that she may listen better to him if she see's him less. My mom told me when I grew up that it killed her to see me and my sister so happy and well behaved for our dad when she was the one who was always there for us. Truth is that we hardly saw him and when we did we needed to behave so he would see us again. Sad.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008