were you the favorite child growing up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i was the #1 daughter cause i was the only girl... lol my parents never played favorites and I am glad because that would cause so many unwanted problems
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hmm...I'm not sure. My brother and I are eight years apart and we're so drastically different from each other. I'm the artsy drama nerd and he's the athletic collegiate. He would probably say I'm the favorite, though, because my parents had more money when I was growing up compared to how much they had when he was a kid. I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• lol nope... i was the oops kid
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 5:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Nope, I'm still not and I don't care. It's taught me to always remember to treat my children equally though. Even though right now I still only have one, when I have more I'll make sure that they are treated fairly.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i was the baby outta 3, so its not that i was the favorite but i sure as hell was spoiled and got everything i wanted..lol..i have a 4 yr old, and am a single mom, and i think that even one day when i do get married and have more kids, i think my daughter will always be my favorite..thats hard to say cuz i dont know what it'll be like when i have more, but i do know my daughter now will always have a special place in my heart for all that me and her went thru together..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't know if I consider myself the favorite, but, I was the only girl of 4 children, but, the 3 brothers considered me the favorite, but, they were also very protective,so I don't know!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i was the only girl and was spoiled rotten till i got older but my mother says i'm her favorite cause we have been through so much together and understand each others feelings cause we are the only girls in the family. really cool and awesome!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Oh, heck no! I was the only girl & the middle child of 3 kids. I got blamed for EVERYTHING! I was also expected to be the responsible one. My mom was a single parent. I remember being in 5th grade & having to start dinner before my mom got home from work. I had to pull a kitchen chair over to the stove so I could see what I was doing. We're not talking mac & cheese here. More like home cooked Hungarian meals! It was so unfair that my mom favored my brothers. I guess the good thing that came out of it is that I'm a good cook today. Her dirty secret came out when I was expecting my own son. She was so excited that he was a boy and gushed about how, "I loved you but there was just something so special about those boys!" I lived Cinderella's life BEFORE she was kissed by the prince. Whatever.
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 7:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• teddybear515, I agree with you. Having my own 3 kids, I have been as fair as I could be. They always try to gode me into telling them who's my favorite. I always tell them that one of them is my favorite but I'm not going to tell them who it is. hehe They all think they're my fav! They're right!!
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 7:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well I was the third girl... I was unexpected to begin with but loved all the same. Me and my dad had a closer bond with each other than my sisters did w/him. We were a lot alike.
    anaebanae

Answer by anaebanae at 11:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008