I had an ultrasound at 4 weeks, 4 days and they didnt see anything.

The ER doctor said it might just be too early. (I went because I'd been spotting) My hcg levels are rising like they should and no other indicators of a miscarriage since my cervix is totally closed. Is he just BSing me or is it really possible that next week I might have a baby show up on a level II ultrasound machine at the Dr. office? I am so stressed out, am I pregnant or not!?~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A positive pregnancy test and/or blood test would mean you are definitely pregnant.

Four weeks is way early to see something on an ultrasound. The average I've heard of is around 6 weeks for something to be visible.

Congratulations :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yes you are if the hcg is going up properly i didnt show on an ultra sound til 6 weeks the baby was too small to see it is nothing to worry about
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Usually, you cannot see the baby until you are at least 6 weeks along. With my first pregnancy, I had my first u/s at 4 weeks and there was nothing, but my walls were thick.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 6:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think it is too early for anything to show up yet. I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, and you could barely see anything. My daughter is now 3 months old and laying right here beside me. Just have another ultrasound in a few weeks and in the meanwhile, don't stress yourself about it. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This is def. a real possibility, I've seen it on here before. I wouldn't stress too much and wait until next week. I'm sure you'll see baby then! :)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i had an er ultrasound done at 8 weeks and they couldn't see anything and had to do the other vaginal ultra sound or whatever it's called then you could barly see it. so your proble preg.
    Anonymous

• i went into the er at 4 weeks beause i was spotting. I thought i was having a miscarriage. They did not see anything on the ultrasound. It was really to early to see anything. A few weeks later
    i went for a second ultrasound and we saw him.
    i am sure everything will be ok. just to early to see anything
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My first baby I didn't get an ultrasound till 6 weeks and it was like a dot on the ultrasound
    Anonymous

• I saw my pregnancy at 4 wks. It was a small little oval dot, I believe I remember seeing the yolk sac too. Should you be freaked out? Nah. But to the PR it IS possible to see a fetus. But ususally that early on they use a transvaginal scope (I think that's the name) to see the fetus.
    anaebanae

Answer by anaebanae at 11:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008