I want to adopt an child. I have 2 of my own but i want to give a child a family. How should I talk with my husband and should I let it go if he disagrees?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Adoption

• you both have to agree and one parent to be is always ready before the other parent to be - take the time to listen to his concerns - do research to calm his fears - it took my hubby 3 years to say ok lets do it
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Is it a baby you want to adopt? Or an older child? If it's a baby and your not rich and famous, get in line because the waiting list is REALLY long. If it's an older child it should be alot easier. Just sit him down and talk to him about your feeling and see what he says. Trying to trick him into agreeing or being covert about your desires is not the way. Be honest and upfront with him. If he dosnt want one? Well idon't know.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I'm in the same boat. Luckily I want to wait at least five years so hopefully we'll have it figured out by then. Make it known just how much it means to you and hopefully he will come around. I don't know if you should let it go - you might always regret it. But then you would have to decide if it's worth losing your marriage over so.. that's something you'll need to think about.
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008