This question is for anyone that has had a c-section

so i had a c-section 10 months ago. and ever since it has been numb. It also gets very ichy, and sometimes it hurts really bad. i also get these pimples right on my scar, and the longer i leave them alone the worse they hurt, and fill up with puss. The doctor said it was normal, but how is my scar hurtin so bad normal? Does anyone else have this problem. or give me and advice on what to do. thank you

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 6:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• I too have this problem.....my scar is still numb....I gave birth 9 months ago.....my dr said it will get better w/ time but I often have to ice it and put cream on it...i think some of it is scar tissue so i massage the cram into the scar to help....i HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i have the pimples things to. idk if that is normal but they do hurt. i know the numb and itching feeling is normal. try taking a warm bath and see if that helps
    Anonymous

• I have had 3 c-section. My last one was 5 years ago I will still at times get shooting pain's and to this day it is still numb. What do you expect when they cut you tummy open ond take out a 7lb baby.... C-section are a major thing, side affect from it will last a life time.
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have had 2 c-sections and mine is still numb. My first c-section was 7 years ago and my second was 2 years ago. it still hurst and is very sensitive if I touch it. I have never gotten the pimples thing though. I hope it gets better soon but I don't think it will ever be normal again:(
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have had 3 csections the last one being 2 years ago. My scar is still numb and it does hurt at times. Could the pimples/bumps be ingrown hairs?
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 7:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The numbness can last forever. It is nerve damage around the scar. However anything filling up with pus is NOT normal. Perhaps they put a few stitches in there that were supposed to dissolve and did not. Get a second opinion.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• They cut your nerves, that is why you feel numb. The itching will go away, just try to keep the area clean and dry, this could also help out with the pimples. My c-section was in 2004 and I'm still numb and every now and then I do get a pimple, just squeeze the puss out.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008