another milk question???

I was wondering how would I know if my baby doesnt like her milk. She is on good start the orange and gold can.....she has been on it for three weeks now because i stopped breast feeding her beecause my milk was makin her jaundice go back up and when i stopped it went down... She is very gassy due to the fact this is my first I dont know if babies should be this gassy and I really dont know any tell tell signs that would let me know she doesnt like the milk or that it isnt agreeing with her.... Also she only poops every other day and when she does its only one time that day....is this a problem or should I have her checked out......

toya1jolly

Asked by toya1jolly at 6:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she's fine with the milk. Tell tale signs are like rashes or vommitin and diarhea but check wit ur doc for a pro point of view for ur own peace of mind, or even just call ur doc :) good luck!
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 6:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• she sounds great!! pooping every other day is totally normal! some babies only poop once every 7 to 14 days! gassy is normal, get her some gas drops, those are a miracle worker!! also try burping her every couple ounces during the bottle. she may get mad but it helps soooo much if you dont let it build up in there. you know theres an issue if shes vomiting the whole bottle. vomiting is much different from spit up. im sure by now you know what spit up looks like, so if it changes from that and becomes a massive amount then you would have issues. but other then that she sounds like shes doing great! i know how your feeling too i just had to ween my daughter onto formula and i was terrified cconstantly about it upsetting her tummy! but it sounds to me like their both soing great!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Just so that you know the jaundice could've been cured with Breastfeeding and vitamin D drops or taking your baby outside extra each day, A baby needs Vitamin D to help process thinks which is the reason they use lights, formula has Vitamin D which is why it helped but breastmilk and drops would've worked too.
    That being said if shes keeping it down and not in pain then whatever shes on will do, try to keep the kind steady, changing alot can mess with their tummies.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sounds like your real issue is with her gas. Try looking into some resources in your area for infant massage. I discovered it with my second and wish I had known about it with my first. It can also help them sleep better through the night. You should also be able to find resources on either the net or library for infant massage.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Dr. Brown's bottles made a HUGE difference in my daughter's gas issues. The Dr. even had her put on this awful soy formula but it was the bottles that really did the trick. And of course gas drops.
    anaebanae

Answer by anaebanae at 11:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008