starting up my home daycare

and I was just wanting any ideas of activies, arts and crafts, and any easy but creative snacks or meals for kids.thanks in advance!

navywifey08

Asked by navywifey08 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• playdough they can eat (mixture of peanut butter, flour, etc... online :))
    preschool: shaving cream spelling (cleans the area pretty good to)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Are you doing a Navy Child Development Home?
    If so, join the group NavyCDH for tons of ideas.
    What age groups will you have?
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 7:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yea I am doing a navy cdh.um the kids ages are my kids, 4 months and 3 years, then the others are 17 months, 3, 2, and 4 so far
    navywifey08

Answer by navywifey08 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Wow it sounds like you'll have a GREAT group! At our base, we use the "Creative Curriculum" which is really just following the kids' interests and planning activities in different "centers" (sand/water, manipulatives/toys, cooking/science, music/movement, dramatic play, art, etc). Even if your base doesn't use that curriculum, you might want to get this book and read it... lots of good ideas.

Join the Navy CDH group on cafemom and also I'll be starting my own navy cdh website soon. It'll have a forum, lots of lesson ideas, links to resources, and a whole lot of other good stuff. PLEASE message me with any questions you'll have because 1) I may be able to help you with them, and 2) It'll give me ideas for things to include on my site.

ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 8:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008