Is 5 months too early to get my daughters ears pierced?

kamdynsmom08

Asked by kamdynsmom08 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no its an okay age thats around the age i got my daughter hers peirced
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I don't think so. My daughter was 6 weeks when she got her's.
    Anonymous

• ive seen newborns with them done! I didnt get mine done till I was in 4th grade! It's a personal decision I think. But tons of Mom's get them done right away. They say they dont play with them or pull them out because they are too young to know better. By the time they are older they dont mess with them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I got my babys done at 3 months she didnt even cry ...They are sooooo cute
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• no - some people get them pierced in the hospital after birth
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Nope. You should take her to a person that has experience piercing infants. Most tattoo places have a person that has had special training in infant training. I wouldn't go someplace that uses a gun at this age.
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 11:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• my daughter had hers done at a peircing place at the mall. She was 4 months old. Didn't cry at all for the first ear and only for a couple of seconds on the second.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yes she can't make the choice for herself at 5 months it's her body she should get to choose when shes old enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Wow I don't know ANY tattoo places that pierce infants ears. I took my son to get one ear done at the mall. He was 9 months old and didn't even cry! I think little girls with earings are adorable. A friend of mine got her daughters done at 2 months. But make sure you bring another person with you when they do it because they will mark the ears and you need to have someone step back to make sure they are even before they stick her. My sister had one lower than the other and they never healed so she is stuck with lopsided piercings. Oh and make sure you get gold posts AND backs so she doesn't have a reaction to the metal. Good luck with everything!
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I do not like the idea of piercing a childs ears. I think its a choice to be made when they are older and personally i think its silly to see babies so young with earings in their ears. I got mine done when i was like 10, it didnt hurt very much and it was actually a good experience for me. i got to get something done that i wanted, but i had to care for my ears afterward, so it gave me a bit of responsibility.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2008