ew! lol

would you be grossed out if some person stuck their finger in your babys mouth and let s/he suck on it???!!! i would be so mad and grossed out!!

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 6:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• yes I would...I have no idea where that finger has been...ewwww I'm only ok with it if it's my hubby or me doing the sticking...
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 6:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• the only people i let do it is my husband, myself or my mom. other than that i don't trust other peoples hygiene...ew
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i know!!! i was just watching a baby story, and she had a lactation consultant come to their house ( i know i know its there job, )but it didnt show her washing or sanitizing or anything, and she showed her how to do make her stick her tongue out but she like left it in there AFTER her point was made for a pretty long time, i would be really pissed if she didnt wash her hands!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Ok I was pissed when my husband's grandmother put her nasty finger in my son's mouth. I wanted to be sick to my stomach. She has really long nails and they are polished but still have that like crusty look under them. You know what I mean? I literally wanted to puke. I was so pissed off, to this day it bothers me! And he is 2 now! Why would anyone do that? What did the baby ever do to them?!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with above poster, only me, my husband, or my mom. As long as hands were washed. Hopefully that LC washed her hands before!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think it depends on how close the person is to me and/ or their job. Just because it didn't show her washing her hands doesn't mean she didn't do it, that's a pretty boring thing to watch on TV, so they may have edited it out. I have friends with an infant and when I'm holding her for mom to get a break, I will let her suck on my knuckle to see if she's hungry, and the parents don't mind (actually I think I taught them to do it, I don't think they knew beforehand). If my best friends did it to my infant I wouldn't care, I trust them to have clean hands while holding my baby.
    Anonymous

• Its a little off topic, but I remember someone getting mad at ME for sticking MY finger my OWN kids mouth!! Stupid or what? Don't remember who it was for sure but I got a good guess (the one who's always being a pain..). It is crazy some of the things people get mad at you for.
    Anonymous

• No one has the right to put their hands on your baby without your permission let alone their finger in their mouth! That's disgusting. I'd walk up to that person and put my finger in their mouth just to make a point!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Personally I would not go around just sticking my finger into someone's baby's mouth. But you know all this super concious germ shit is why kids get sick like they do these days. From birth to about 8 years kids build thier immunity. The more you protect them from the worse off it will be when they do get sick.
    anaebanae

Answer by anaebanae at 11:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Exactally, who goes around sticking their fingers into the mouths of babies that are not their own? How rude! not too mention unsanitary.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2008