Trisomy 18?

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've had a baby with it and we lost her at 29 weeks, not I'm preggo again and sort of worried.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• http://www.trisomy18.org/site/PageServer?pagename=whatisT18_whatis
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thanks... I know what it is, I just want to know if someone else had a child with this and maybe got preggo again
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My college professor had a son with trisomy 18....he was sweet.....very much like a down syndrome child....she also had 2 dd's that were fine....Thats about all I know about them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I will pass along your name to a friend of mine,

She had her child and she did lose her baby from this,
    she is also pregnant again,
    so you and her should have a chat but i will have contact with her, first,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We have a friend who's daughter has trisomy 13?? Im not sure what the difference is between the two. If it makes you feel any better she is 9 years OLD!!!! Yeah MIA
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Trisomy 13 babies live and Trisomy 18 babies usually dont. THAT'S the difference!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm sorry to hear of your loss. When I was pregnant with my 2nd her test came back showing trisomy 18. Thankfully she didn't have it but I don't think that it's a heridatary thing is it? I hope all goes well with this pregnancy.
    Best Wishes
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/peds_hrnewborn/trisomy.cfm
    I too am sorry to hear about your loss...I was hoping that maybe Mia's story would give a bit of hope to anyone who is going through something like this. They said she should never make it past her first birthday. Our family friend went on to have another child who was healthy and very much a boy...good luck to you and yours.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, I lost my son, Dec 2007 to Trisomy 18. I have two other children 17 & 13. This was with my second husband who has no children. Trisomy 18 is pretty rare although you or your spouse can be a carrier - that can be tested. I understand this is the hardest thing to go through - our son was FULL term. Stay positive!! Don't forget to greive - I still cry sometimes and it has been a year. We started trying again to get pregnant this month - and YES, I am scared to death it will hapen again. My BEST to you.
    texas1997

Answer by texas1997 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009