How do I cope with these kind of friends?

John and I have some friends that have no one else to hang out with except HER family! They live on like 6 acres and its all her family and they don't have ANY and i mean ANY friends outside of us! We don't hang out with them a lot because they have some MAJOR issues that we can't stand! WELL, we've seen them 3 times in the past month and they have COMPLETELY ruined our time together 2 out of those 3 times! the first time we saw them this month was the first time in a long time! The 2nd time we invited them over and they made their stay at our house VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!!!! Then the 3rd time was this past weekend and they made our night miserable! I don't know what to do because the wife just texted me asking me when were we all going to hang out again! I get so frustrated seeing them fight about every little thing! I MEAN, EVERY LITTLE TINY thing turns into a knock down drag out with them!

Jalisasmommy

Asked by Jalisasmommy at 6:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• i would just be truthful. it's easy on a text and they have to be told that is why they may not have other friends then you guys and that their behavior is ruining your friendship status with them cause your not sure if you can take it anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• THIS WAS A LOT LONGER BUT IT WOULDN'T LET ME POST IT AS LONG AS IT WAS! THE WIFE TEXTS ME TODAY ASKING ME "WHEN IS OUR NEXT DATE?" LIKE I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I WANT TO SEE THEM ANYMORE! WE CAN PREDICT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN EVERYTIME WE SEE THEM! AND THATS NO FUN! HOW DO I GO ABOUT GIVING MY BEST ADVICE WITHOUT SOUNDING BITCHY...THEY ARE SO CLINY AND SO NEEDY...I HAD TO TELL THEM OFF THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN THEY WERE FIGHTING, AND I DON'T LIKE TO HAVE TO DO THAT! IT SUCKS!!!!!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 6:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well if you had to tell them off because they were fighting, I would just tell them the truth. Sounds like you are miserable around them and they should get that. Just text her back or call her and say I'm sorry but we can't hang out anymore. We can't stand being around all the fighting.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• what does them not having other friends have to do with that??
    Anonymous

• I would tell them about their fighting. Maybe they don't KNOW they are embarrassing you and your hubby. Talk to them and see what she says. Trust me I know what's it like to have a friend like that. I had one friend that when you spoke to her you didn't know if it was nice "Jamie" or not. scary.
    sunflowerfreak

Answer by sunflowerfreak at 6:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Been there done that. Oh yeah, I know the type. Make sure you get rid of them. I had a friend like that. Her husband would get drunk and it was my fault cuz he was over our house. Then they would invite themselves over to our summer home and stay like ten days, thought my hubby was a taxi to the beach and I was their maid. WIth me it lasted one day and I told her off. She dyed her hair in my mil 's gorgeous bathroom and I told her to knock it off or get to the nearest hotel. It was our vacation from hell..........
    Anonymous

• They probally don't have other friends because nobody can stand their fighting. Tell them to QUIT fighting around ya'll and wait until they get home.
    Anonymous