What is your favorite holiday

why is it your favorite and what are some special traditions you have for this holiday?

Nsbgirl

Asked by Nsbgirl at 7:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Thanksgiving! I love cooking for all of my friends! I make a traditional Swedish smorgasbord and add some traditional American foods too.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Christmas! I love to see my kids' faces!!! It's the best!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Independence Day!!
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Christmas - overnight coffee cake for bfast, watching the kids go nuts!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 7:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• hallowen - I love dressing up and saying good by to the old year and hello to the new one.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Easter
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• turkey

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Honestly, as an adult, I really can't get into holidays anymore. They used to be special celebrations with my extended family, but that ended when my oh so dysfunctional family fell apart when my grandfather died 20+ years ago.

Now, it's just a lot of stress and work, for which I get no appreciation at all from my remaining family. (As in, they don't even wait for me to join them at the table on Thanksgiving before they start eating....) I love the decorations and stuff that other people put out, but I find it SO hard to find any energy or spirit for doing it myself.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Halloween/Samhain and Christmas/Yule are the most hugely celebrated in this house....
    Halloween for the kids... Samhain bc it's special Sabbath for me ( I am Wiccan) ....
    Yule comes before Christmas and that is my Sabbath, so I incorporate it with my 9 yr old and dh
    by making a special dinner and giving them a small gift ...
    And Christmas is a busy couple of days... we do not do anything ON Christmas day, that day is for
    the 3 of us at home... but the days before I usually have several dinner parties for the families and
    friends... I love this time of yr, the planning, the baking, the cooking, the decorating.....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Christmas-- new pj's for my dd to go to sleep in and we read Twas the Night before Christmas, sprinkle reindeer food out so Santa's reindeer know where to come, driving around to see all the lights and decorations,, baking, finding and gift giving, watching my dd's face light up or my grandkids, being around family
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010