daycare requirements in WA state?

Hi does anyone know what the requirements are to start ur own daycare in WA state? I have a teaching degree and first aid, anyone know whe I can find the specifications for opening a daycare? Thx :)

luschram

Asked by luschram at 6:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• try google. i know thats a real general answer and im sorry, but thats what i did when i was looking into it for illinos. you have to dig a little but you can find it that way
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My sister does daycare here in Washington. Let me check with her and I'll get back to you with the info...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• A few years ago I went to one of the training classes DSHS has and found it to be very difficult to get one up and running (if you want it in your house). For example, there is a 13 page checklist you have to go through to convert your home to fit the standard. This of course was how large the list was in 2005, I have NO idea what it would look like now. I know there have been a lot of changes since. There are classes you have to attend and so much more...if you are up for the challenge..I say Go for it!! :oD

Sathiera

Answer by Sathiera at 7:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008