California moms. How are you gals doing?

Are any of you near those fires? I hope everyone is okay.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 6:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm thinking of packing a "grab-and-go" bag for my daughter, just in case. I doubt our home will be in any danger but one of the fires is at the edge of my city. I can hear the big helicopters coming and going as they dump water. I'll keep an eye on things and may pack some keepsakes and other items before going to bed tonight. That's what they recommend - pack what you would take, back your car in so you don't have to back out in an emergency, and keep your phones ringer on high when you go to sleep. They use the reverse 911 system to let you know if you have to evacuate.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• good luck and stay safe.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thanks, we're trying! At least this time around we have a fireproof tile roof. Five years ago we had a shake roof. Really... who on earth puts a wood roof on a home in wildfire country?!?!?!?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008