39 weeks pregnant NO CONTRATIONS SO FUSTRATED???

hey am 39 weeks preggo and i havent get no contrations a week ago in my doc app i had 1 centimiters and had few low contrations but i was not able to feel them they were too slow am 39 weeks preggo and I dont know when will i started getting contrations am scared my baby dies inside cause the time passed..This next saturday my doc is going to send me to the hospital to see whats happening and they have to induced me but i will like to know the reason why am not getting no contrations if my due date is in 4 days OCT 18....

EvaMaria18

Asked by EvaMaria18 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I went in for a regular weekly doctor's appointment 4 days before my due date... I was 1 cm dilated and barely effaced. I was feeling fine and, like you, thinking that my baby would NEVER come! I went home that night & started having contractions. Don't worry---- babies know when it's time! A friend of mine went almost 2 weeks past her due date, and her baby is perfectly healthy! A due date is just an estimate... Just be patient, I know it's hard!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Try having sex....the semen in his sperm can jump start labor....It TRULY did for me!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The semen in his sperm.....heheheehe.....that would be the same thing!!!!! lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You could try a hot bath too or walking, if you can. I didn't walk at 39 weeks pregnant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Try walking. I induced my labor by walking A LOT and having sex. I dnt remember if I had sex. lol but I know I walked a lot! And boom 6 inc dilated and 80% efaced. good luck!
    AilaMonetsMommy

Answer by AilaMonetsMommy at 7:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Three days past my daughters due date the dr did a stretch and sweep, not at all plesant and then she told me to go home clean the floors, go for a long walk, just basically to be very active. I went into labour at 5ish the following morning and she was born at 8:10 am. Just be patient, I know it's hard.
    Best wishes!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You aren't due yet, so don't stress. I was dilated to 1 for 2 weeks. Full term is 40-42 weeks. You baby will get here when its ready.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008