Halloween Ideas?

To all you moms out there with a business what do you do during Halloween? I've been thinking about giving my card in each baggie of candy, however, I went to the store yesterday and they had like 20 bags for $2. I know that's not a lot but when I have to get a whole lot more, plus candy to fill them, LOL. I just wanted to hear what you all do. Thanks in advance.

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• A lot of businesses in our town do the same thing. Any decent parent is going to check the candy before their child eats it. So that means the parent is going to find the business card first. They will be able to say that you are one business who participates in an event for the children. It will have more of an effect than people know. Another great idea is a coloring contest. Make the reward great enough that the children want to participate. Put all return info on the top of the page and then they have to either mail it or bring it by. Attatch a small brochure to the page too. You could call it a Harvest coloring contest or something clever. I'm thinking of doing it mself thru november and offering a $20 dollar gift card to Sam Goody or someplace like that. Lets face it these parents are probably looking for a cheaper health insurance anyway so they are going to be interested.They do have children.
    Momof2boys540

Answer by Momof2boys540 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i dont think u should advertise ur busniss in kids halloween candy just hand ur card to thge parents
    dannie0802

Answer by dannie0802 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think that's a little weird unless the candy bags with your card are for the parents.
    Maybe if you or your husband work outside the home you could take those to the office to pass out to adult co-workers though.
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 7:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have seen companies do this, but they don't do business cards.
    they make little themed brochures that have things for the kids to do, activities and such, and then on the back they have a small area where their information is put.

As far as I remember, but I'm not sure how parents take that. Sounds like from what the other two ladies were saying, that it may be offensive??? perhaps... I wouldn't be bothered by it, just fyi.
    :0)
    Trixzie

Answer by Trixzie at 7:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think it's a great idea! I'm gonna use it! Here you can get hard candy at a low cost is you buy it in bulk! Also try OrientalTrading.com they have small toys... But do it soon so you get the stuff in time...

The other thing you could do is get some thick paper and print up some tags... Maybe something like Happy Halloween From "Your Business" www.youraddress.com and atach them to blowpops or candy apples! That would be unique! Orange paper with black writing and black and orange ribbon... It would be a nice personal touch and catch some eyes!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I actually do Trick Or Treat bags for mommies. This month everyone who buys something at one of my Pure Romance parties gets one. I put a business card, a sample of lubricant or heightener, a mini candy bar, candy corn and a $5 discount coupon that they can use or double it to use when they host a party!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 8:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008