Is a new baby a good idea?

So my husband wants to have another kid, he keeps saying that he is getting old and he want another before its to late, although I would LOVE to have another kid I just dont thik he is fully ready, he has not grown up just yet all he does is play video games, and spend all of our extra money on them, its making him so mad he thinks Im making excuses when I say hes not ready, he wasnt there to much for our first child he missed out on all the fun stuff cuz he was in the army he wants to try again, but I think he needs to figure out how to make it right with the first one before we try for number 2. Anybody have any advice on this?

luciddream86

Asked by luciddream86 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't know what to tell you except that you need to be talking with him about this. The two of you together will be able to make this decision, without the help of a bunch of internet strangers. :(

Good luck with it though!
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 7:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Most guys don't "grow up" until forced to. If you want another, if you are willing to do all the work if he doesn't grow up, then go for it. But realize that you can't force him to change and the more you try to make him change as a condition of having another baby, the more he will resent it and resist the changes you want. If you get pregnant, you can draw up a "division of labor" chart before the baby arrives.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I understand where you are coming from with you feelig he missed out on the first one being inthe army. my husband deployed when our dd was 7 weeks old and didnt see her again until her 1st bda and then camehome for good when she was 16 months old. We know we are not ready for another, but like Kaycee said, men dont grow up unless made to. Sometimes I feel my 19 month old is more mature than my husband...lol.
    sent4u5041

Answer by sent4u5041 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008