anyone else lose weight insted of gain?

i am 12 weeks along and went to the dr today and they told me im loosing weight because i cant keep anything down what can i do to help it? i am very desprate

mama_needs_help

Asked by mama_needs_help at 11:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did the same thing. I lost weight till about 4 months and then gained it back. As long as your blood and iron and the baby is growing correctly you have nothing to worry about.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I am a nurse, and while it's pretty common to lose a little weight at the beginning, perhaps you can talk to your doc about placing you on a medication for nausea.
    Nursekim99

Answer by Nursekim99 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Other than the normal morning sickness remedies there's nothing that will help it. Weight loss in the first trimester and beginning of the second is completely *normal* ESPECIALLY if you are throwing up all the time. As long as you are able to gain the weight back plus the 25-35 recommended pounds on top of it then you are fine. And trust me, putting it back on is a lot easier than it sounds. I lost 15 pounds the first trimester, WITHOUT having morning sickness, and now (at almost 27 weeks) I've gained that back plus ten pounds.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• With my first child I lost 18 lbs and then only gained 5 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. The doctors watched it closely, but the baby was growing fine. I had horrible morning sickness. No medicines ever helped. This time around, I'm about 15 weeks, I've lost 12 lbs already. They're watching it again, just because they worry the baby isn't growing, but as long as all the baby's sizes look okay I wouldn't worry too much. My daughter was a healthy 7 lbs 3 ozs. Talk to your doc, but don't stress out too much until then! :)
    hldeskin

Answer by hldeskin at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Don't worry about your weight, just try to eat as healthy as possible...at your appointments your doctor will be measuring you and you'll get ultrasounds throughout if your doctor is concerned. Basically, if the baby is growing and you aren't getting anemic...don't worry.
    templeghost

Answer by templeghost at 12:09 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• its very normal for some women to loose weight at this point. i did.... i threw up every day and night until i was 6 months along but by the 9th month i was at 25 lbs and everything ws fine! dont worry about it bc the stress is alot worse than lack of weight
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 12:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I lost weight and didn't start gaining until 5 months.
    KimberlyMonique

Answer by KimberlyMonique at 1:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I actually lost 15 lbs the first month. I would then gain 1 lb one month and loose 2 the next. My dr said as long as my tests looked good, and my baby was growing on target, that I was fine. Check with your dr. I was slightly overweight and became anemic during pregnacy, so my situation is a little different.
    elsha25

Answer by elsha25 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Hi there, Once the morning sickness is gone you will be fine. There is a pill you can take to stop the barfing, ask your doctor about it. I know many people who lost weight in the first trimester and were fine through the rest of the pregnancy.

Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008