help im having really ad pains in my vagina im 20 weeks along and dont know if its normal or if i should be worried the pains r sharp like someone is jobing a knife through me should i be worried

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you spotting? I think you should call your doctor and go see if everything is okay.
    distinctivemom

Answer by distinctivemom at 11:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• sounds like needle pains but I didnt get them til the last month or two of my pregnancy. I would call your doctor just to be safe
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It can be normal. It can also be serious. I think you should get it checked out too.
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 11:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i have no discharge and had a dr appointment today he said if i have more than 10 in an hour to go to the hospital but im scared something is wrong but i had an ultrasound done today to find out the sex of the baby and he was fine im just scared
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I could understand how you feel. I have had three miscarages and I could tell you that if the doctor said everything is okay then just relax. The more you worry the more the baby feels it. Just follow what the doctor told you and if you get more than 10 in an hour then go to the ER.
    distinctivemom

Answer by distinctivemom at 11:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Could just be the muscles and such streching. I would call your dr and get in if you are afraid of miscarring. If nothing else it will make you feel better to here that everything is ok...and if its not the dr might be able to put you on bed rest or something to help.
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• YOU SHOOD CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND GO TO THE HOSPITAL THAT IS NOT GOOD. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OKAY LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY TOLD YOU?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It could be muscles stretching. I would call the call the doc about anything you are unsure about. It's your body and your baby and it's better to be sure. In my case, I started having really bad pain about 20 weeks. I went in, they told me it was stretching pain. I ended up having my son at 33 weeks.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• SOUNDS NORMAL AS LONG AS THERE IS NO BLOOD. this happens when your muscles are stretching, I know exactly what your talking about, like someone is stabbing a knife in there. Either ask your doc, but as long as there is no blood, dont panic, that can also be bad for your baby.
    mommy2be326

Answer by mommy2be326 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2008