How did you decide you were done having babies?

Part of me thinks I should stop at 2. That I have my hands full as it is and I am already 30. But my heart says my house is not full and I am not insane enough lol. So how do you decide something like this?

heartlineMama

Asked by heartlineMama at 7:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well i havent decided on it yet... so i guess im not much help.. But we have decided that we are done for at least the next three years.. financially we need a break, my body needs a break, and honestly id like more space for baby number three. If we were to have another right away again, it would be three babies in one room.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 7:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am in your boat....I have 2....ages 5 and 3....and I would love another one.....

My heart says...YES YES!!!

My head says...your insane!!!!

I have no idea how you decide....just thought I would tell you...

I will be 30 in a few months...I dont feel like my age stops me.....many women have kids well into their 30's.....so for me...thats not an issue.

how old your your 2?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am preggo now. My oldest is 4 and in between there we lost one.
    I got preggo right away the 1st time but the next 2 times it took over a year of trying...
    heartlineMama

Answer by heartlineMama at 7:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• How did I decide??? I didn't, hubby did! haha With two girls already, he was afraid we'd get another and he said 3 girls would kill him! =0) He really wanted a little boy though, so we adopted! Now our family is complete. Honestly, I think if we'd of had one of each, we'd have been good with two. Having 3 kids and being a family of 5 is so much different than before! You have to do what you feel is right for you!

Erin333

Answer by Erin333 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I wish I knew how to stop wanting more...LOL I have Bryson and Gracelyn and they are 2 1/2 years apart...the first like 6 months of Gracelyn's life I said NO more EVER!!! That was only because it was hard at first and she was sooo much harder than Bryson....But now Gracelyn is 19 months old and I am feeling baby fever coming on...I am insane LOL!! I LOVE kids they are too sweet and they grow too fast and I just want a baby forever...If we have another it will be only one more though...I dont think I could handle over 3, but I feel like one more will make me feel really complete. I have been having dreams about having another...I guess I just really want it. Anyways good luck...either way you are blessed with a boy and your girl on the way :)
    MOMMYOFCUTIES84

Answer by MOMMYOFCUTIES84 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• well i wanted to stop after my 6th child but i had cervcal cancer signs and i was told by my dr that they could not tie my tubes with those spots??? then i got pregnant agian and i am disabled and the doc said i should not carry the baby ..i could barely stand after a car accident left me with a new leg and a new knee....i could or would not be able to carry the weight of the child so i should get an abortion...i said no!! soo after 7 kids and all the spots were gone she finally tied my tubes!!! but i was sad and cried. it is kind of depressing knowing i could not / should not ever get pregnant agian.
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 8:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We are a blended family. I came in with two girls and he came in with a boy and girl twins. Our oldest is now 12 and the three little ones are all 7. We now have a 4 month old and are done. We figured 5 is a good number. It is very sad to no that I will no longer be able to feel that wonderful life growing inside of me. So I have to look to the future and hope and pray my kids will give us grand children that I can spoil and send back home... LOL....
    mommyof4ormore

Answer by mommyof4ormore at 8:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I decided to stop because I had complications with all my pregnancies and I was tired of being on bed rest and having to go to the hospital every week because I would go into labor at 6 months.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i just knew when i got pg with my last that i was done. mostly like sammiesmom siad with her i was high risk with all 3 and got tired of going in to the ER every other week. and i also just knew i was done and ready for a new chapter in my life. but my sis in law got fixed after her second and she sid she just knew. if you are having any doubt dont do anything permanent till you know for sure.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am 43 5 kids later oldest is 14 youngest is 3, I am ready to stop but hubby still is wanting one more. Good question if you have to ask maybe it not time you will know it in you hart and mind
    sharonrick25

Answer by sharonrick25 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008