Ok guys...Potty training time. My little one will be two in december, but he already know what a potty is and how to use it. he knows when he "pee pees" but doesnt always tell before he needs to go, and i dont know when or how often i should take him. tips???

mommy2be8803

Asked by mommy2be8803 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just put him on the toilet every hour.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ideally you should take him every 20-30 minutes. It seems to be working for me :-) My oldest potty trained at 15 months and my younger one is the same age as yours and potty training now.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My DD will be 2 in December as well. She won't tell me she has to go but will take off her diaper if she's wet. I JUST recently started taking her to the potty. I'm doing it when she wakes up and before she goes down for a nap, as well as after meal time.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 7:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ya ive done the before and after naps and mealtime business. didnt work. lol. so every 20-30 minutes. how long should i give hime to grasp the concept??
    mommy2be8803

Comment by mommy2be8803 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My sister inlaw does it every half hour. My lil guy is 40 months and is starting to poopy in the potty. Shoulda heard me in Walmarts bathroom today. I had all the ladies in the bathroom talking how excited I was that he poopied in the adult potty. Momma, it takes time. Trust me.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• DH and I also bought one of those rings that you put on the adult potty, that helps us. The regular training potty didn't help alot for us but each child is different.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Every half an hour, and he sounds like a typical lil boy. Takes time and patience, try explaining to him that when his abdomen feels like a full tummy that its time to go. Good luck
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thank you all so much!! should i repremand him if he goes in his pants or on the floor??
    mommy2be8803

Comment by mommy2be8803 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• DO NOT reprimand him!!!!! Make the whole thing positive!!! Just gently say " we go potty in the toilet" and take him to the potty. For us it only took a month but every child is different.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010