As a Catholic, do you also find it frustrating to explain to people that we dont "worship" Mary, or to explain Saints, or exorcisms, or the stone masons. And even more the history that our rligion has? I find it almost offensive some times! Thanks for listening!

Asked by JoLee12345 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do find it very frustrating - especially those people who claim to know that my thoughts about my own faith must be wrong because of something they read on the internet or in a mass e-mail.

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• There was a time that I did find it offensive and frustrating but not anymore.....I realized that when someone asks those questions, they are not really asking a question but giving an opinion based on ignorance. These days I just shake my head, smile, and walk away....

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't even try to explain it - I just shrug and let them figure it out for themselves.

Answer by tasches at 8:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I find it odd that churches try to "teach" why other other faiths or denominations are wrong instead of focusing on their own beliefs, but it doesn't bother me.  It just reminds me of why I prefer my church over a few others.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes it bothers me. I understand that many people have been mislead about Catholicism but are open to the facts, what bothers me is when someone wants to persist in their misconceptions and insist that they know my religion better than I do.

Answer by erdavh at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010