Fleas?

I think the dog or the cat brought in some fleas. I've seen one that I know of, and have suspicions about them on the pets (I see a dark spot, but it doesn't look like it's moving, then I can't find it when I look harder).

Frontline is fine for the animals, but how do I de-flea my house?

MamaLion82007

Asked by MamaLion82007 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• BORAX in the washing powder isle of your store......powder it onto your carpet and let it sit overnight....vaccum it in the morning....I might even do it the next night just in case....it really works I have done it.....and no harmful chemicals around your kids....;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well usually when you put the flea medicines from the vet on them it will kill the fleas in the house also. We use Advantix on our dog and we never see any fleas anywhere.
    anaebanae

Answer by anaebanae at 10:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This is gonna sound really weird, but I swear this works!!

At night take a white plate, (styrofoam works well) cover the bottom with water and dish soap. Lean some sort of light over it. Fleas are attracted to white, and the light at night really draws them in. The dishsoap holds them in the water and they drown. Do it for several nights. You should get results if you have fleas.

We had fleas and we tried EVERYTHING. Powder, poison, bug bombs. Nothing worked, until we did this. I really had zero faith in it. But my husband wanted it to try it, so we did and it worked great.
    Plus it's a poison free way to get rid of them. Which is good with pets and kids in the house.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 4:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Frontline is not the best product for the pets! The reason the fleas got into the house is because the frontline allowed the animal to bring them in. I have no advice for ridding the house of fleas other than bombing, but I do urge you to put the animal on Revolution. Fleas and all other parasites will stay away from the animal if its on Revolution
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 6:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I agree that fleas are attracted to white! My 2 cats & 1 dog have just recently accumulated tons of them. The cats take turns sleeping in each of my kids' beds and we've seen the fleas there and on the kids. ugh! Just walking into their rooms with white socks on, I've gotten attacked with anywhere from 2-10 of them. We found this spray at our local store like Tractor Supply Store, it's called LD-44Z Insect Fogger by PROZAP & costs $11.99 for a 25 ounce bottle. The fogger is made for use in and around farms...including beef, dairy, hog, horse & poultry. On the front is says it kills and repels flies, mosquitoes & lice. On the back, in the directions it has other bugs it kills and how to get rid of them. You HAVE TO follow the directions explicitly, but it will work. We usually use it 1X/week for 2-3 weeks if needed. The animals have to be taken out of the house when it is used.

manysportsmom3

Answer by manysportsmom3 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• we had fleas really bad!!! I'm talkin' like SUPER fleas!! We tried EVERYTHING!! We bombed all the time and everything else. Then we were at the end didn't know what to do. So i thought maybe if we wash all bedding, rugs, pillows, everything and shampoo every little inch of carpet would work. So we did it and let me tell ya that was amazing! We did this like 2 months ago and i think i've only seen one flea since. I was to the point where i just wanted to rip the carpet up and get all new but this worked!!!!
    LeighAnn0901

Answer by LeighAnn0901 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would buy the bombs for the fleas at walmart or some store like that. And spray you're furniture after bombing you're house. But after you bomb you need to clean the mess up. Then I'd vacuum you're carpet's and then shampoo it as well. Then wash you're bed sheet's and etc... just do as you would do lice in other words.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008