What should I take?

What are some things or ideas to take with me on the plane trip overseas?
I have 10 year old 8, 6, and 3 year old.
It's not going to be easy.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Travel

• Coloring books, their favorite toys that will fit into thier backpacks. Gum!!! Playing cards, they now make monopoly in a card game.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Go to the dollar store! Get all sorts of little new trinkets and games. The novelty of them will keep them intrigued for a while. Travel games like checkers for the older ones. A Mini Magna doodle. Invest in the headphones if the movie is appropriate for the kids. Sticker books keep my 3 yr old entertained for a while. Books. And like browningmom said, GUM! Those ear pops aren't fun and the chewing will keep the discomfort to a minimum. Sippy cups for the littler ones (empty of course, so you'll have to buy the juice or water in the airport) so the swallowing will help their ears Little cars or trucks to run along the tray table. Hmm, I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure the dollar store will inspire you. That's what I do for any road trip or long trip. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Do you have a portable DVD player? iPods or DSs for the older kids? Also, when are you traveling? We always traveled overseas in the evenings (usually 9 pm flights); it always helped to tire the kids as much as possible beforehand so that they'd sleep on the flight. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010