Does anyone crochet?

hi I've been crocheting and it's getting to be fun.
Does anyone crochet and what colors do you use?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I do.......I just made my DD a blanket with hot pink, light pink, dark purple, light purple & yellow. Now I'm working on one for one of my boys......it's red, black & white.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I just recently took up crocheting. I'd kind of learned when I was younger but never stuck with it, recently I re-taught myself using youtube videos, lol. I've only done a couple of projects, a couple of sponges in red and black, and I'm working on a pair of shorties (a diaper cover that's basically a water resistant pair of shorts) in camo right now =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I do but I can't do afghans, scarves, anything like that - I can do a certain kind of doily, and I mainly crochet around baby blankets (special ones) - my grandma taught me but not how to read a pattern or anything, or any stitch names, so anything I do is just off the top of my head!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thanks those are some awesome ideas I've just recently
    Made three purses a and two scrunchy's pony tail holder. Now I'm working on a purse.
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am a beginer, just starting and having a hard time with tension.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I love to crochet. I make bags blankets berets hats scarves. I love it. I use all kinds of colors. Depends what I'm making && who its for.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I've made afghans for my 3 kids and my 7 Gr-Kids. I use different colors so they aren't the same. The last gr-dd was yellow and gr pale colors, before her was a peachy color and beige. My Gr-son was a blue and purple. I'd just go to the store and pick out different colors I liked together that were different.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No. I don't! My DH's aunt died who I think was the best at it.. After she died. My DD learned how!! She's really Good at it! She makes blankets in the colors people ask for. Like so far she made one for boys 2 & 5.She made one for her Baby newborn niece. And one each for her in laws 75th Birthdays. And they got blankets in their favorite requested colors! She made us a Huge one for our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the 30th. She also did do alot of crocheting in the Chemo room with me! Many liked to watch her crochet to get their mind off icky Chemo. Best of luck with all of your designs and creations! Keep it up! I envy anyone that can do that!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I crochet and just finished a baby beenie and I am making a crocheted hat for my granddaughter. it is about 1/4th finished already.
    violetz

Answer by violetz at 2:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010