Do you save up your spare change?

Do you take it to the bank,or do the Coinstar machine?
We do the Coinstar. My son gets a kick out of loading up the tray.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We put it in a huge bottle and take it to the bank.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 8:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I like putting my cash changes in DD and DN's piggy banks and when I do my banking I like to move the change over to savings- that way I have a nice flat $ amount when I go shopping. It helps since Im currently a SAHM.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 7:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, I throw it in a glass vase and I bought my BF a little battery operated change sorter (no Coinstar fee then).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My kids each have piggy banks, they usually take it or I give it to them. When they know it's kinda full, I take them to a Coinstar and they get a toy with it. Kids love feeling like they bought something on their own.
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 7:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't believe in the coinstar I think it is a eSte of money I just keep the change and then spend it and once in a while I will put it in the bank why save just to spend to change from coins to cash
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep, I take my "piggy bank" to the bank every couple of years and get a couple hundred bucks. Our bank doesn't have a fee for doing it and they'll either deposit the amount or give you cash.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i do it at the bank since it's free. but i give the change to my sons and let them take their banks in there when they get full. the last time the machine was jammed and the guy let my son 'fix' it (push the reset button lol). wow he thought he was something special after that. kept telling everyone he fixed the coin machine lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010