Do you know how to help a child with O.D.D,.A.D.H.D,.and bipolar.I am talking about their behavior

My daughter has odd ,adhd, and she is also bipolar I need some positive ways to help her with her behavior cause she wants to disrespect and does not want authority figures telling her what to do.

Asked by snowwhite52j at 11:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• has a child specialist told you she is all these things or is it just her pediatrician?
    kids are misdiagnosed for a.d.h.d every day - i am not sure about the other two but if you have talked to a specialist and he/she has said these are her ailments they should have told you how to handle it

Answer by vakatia at 11:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son, now 19yrs old, struggled for years with depression and ADD. The best advice I can give is to continue educating yourself and continue with finding a good specialist for your dd diagnosis. My son did best with an itinerary in the mornings. I didn't give him one I am just saying that he needed to know what was going to go on that day everyday and then he could prepare himself for the day. We learned this when he was 5yrs old. Even if it was a surprise for him and his sister he needed to know and he never told his sis. He is now on his own half the time and is in control of his days so he knows what is going on and he is in control of it. He still struggles but it is better. Also PATIENTS. My son also went through some suicidal yrs. No real attempts but very low self asteme. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Answer by cntrydrgnfly at 11:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i know they do stuff for cancer but i think they might help with this as well i would call and see if there thearpy helps this as well

Answer by Patience1 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try looking at using Love and Logic it is a GREAT parenting tool that is more praise and action/consequence based...I love it you can check the books out at your local library. I hope that this can help your daughter

Answer by PennyMom at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have a Seven year old daughter that has been "Showered" with diagnosis after diagnosis. It is not easy to take care of children with a multitude of problems. Kudos to you. I have found consistency to be very helpful, your childs' moods will change and get worse when we get frustrated or lose control. Create a plan and work on one behavior at a time, once both of you have mastered the solution to that specific problem move on to the next. It is a slow proccess and you are in the right track in asking for help. The health care professional that diagnosed your daughter should be able to help you with the behavior plan. There has been many tears and days that were to long but we have also had many victories. She is learning to control her behavior..there is hope.

Hang in there.

Feel free to ask for more details if you need.

Answer by MakinLemonade at 2:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Take her to a homeopath or naturopathic doctor and see about remedies that might lesson behaviors. Depending on your daughters symptoms they can give a remedy to help. Sometimes it takes one or a combonation switched back and forth to help lesson some behaviors. Also get your child on this specific omega oil. It's called Omega Complete 3-6-9 from Nordic Naturals is a flavored Cod Liver Oil. You can put it in orange juice too. This helps my little one immensely with behaviors. Also I have my daughter on Juice Plus a whole food nutratceutical which I believe helped cut down her ADHD/OCD issues down immensely. It comes in a chewable, gummie and capsule. My website to learn more about Juice Plus is and my email is if you would like to ask any questions. Eileen Good Luck

Answer by EileenMarie at 2:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I think this could really help you, but it is not easy:

Hope that helps somehow, though.

Answer by KitchenKop at 1:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2008