OK TTC#2 with clomid!!!

OK so I got prego with my first baby at age 18 on birth control now 3 years later me and my husband want baby #2 while we were waiting to want another one I used the mirena IUD (never again will I use it) After having so many problems with it I took it out after about 7 months Now we have been trying to get prego since feb. NO LUCK I have taken progestorne test(levels are low) I have not gotten a postive ovulation test this last month I took the 50 mg of clomid still no positive!! I was wondering if there having this problem to give me some hope in ttc and if anyone has any suggestions for me!! I suggest that no one uses the IUD it is nothing but problems! thanks for your help!!!

proudmama9128

Asked by proudmama9128 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I did although use that IUD,
    and myself will never again suggest or, use the dang thing, i feel you! i had it in little than 3 months and it caused 4 cysts on my ovarys,

Although i did have to wait until the cysts went away i did get prego with our second, within about 2 months,
    I would suggest changing your diet, for one, i know it sounds wierd, but eat greens, and drink apple juice i know strange, but tell hubby to do the same, no more sodas, or high sugars,

Have you contacted your doctor yet, ...and or had a regular period since the IUD?
    I would highly suggest, you try for the next couple of weeks testing with the Ovulation test, if nothing ask the doctor to up the medication, and see if thats okay
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I got pregnant on my 2nd try of 50 mg of clomid. I think, if I recall correctly, a doc will let you try that dose for 3 months and if you still don't ovulate, then they can up the dose. I think they can go up to 150 mg.
    mellie369

Answer by mellie369 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• That kind of freaks my out because i have the IUD and have had no problems with it and ive had it in for over a year now.
    mimx2

Answer by mimx2 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2008