Does anyone know how to knit?

it seems hard

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I can knit a scarf and dish clothes. I would like to be able to expand on that and knit more things....like socks, I love handmade knitted socks!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Knitting is very easy. At least the basics. You need to have a patient person show you. Start with simple things and than expand as time goes on.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I learned to knit during college finals...really there are only two main stitches..and one is opposite the other...the knit and the pearl...tension was the hardest part for me to learn...knowing how tight to hold on between stitches...

I still need knitting groups to figure out new stitches and finishing tips...but I can shape now, cable but have NO lace or bobble skills~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It's not really hard at all. Look on Youtube and you can probably find videos of how to do it. Or go to a local craft/fabric store like Joann's Fabrics. They may have beginner knitting classes. Once you get started, you'll love it!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Thanks ceallaigh I'll try youtube
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do knit although I only know how to knit in a straight line like a scarf or blanket. I would like to learn how to knit clothes.
    violetz

Answer by violetz at 2:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010