WWYD?

So I just heard from my step-mom, her granddaughter (who recently turned 21, and has a 1.5 year old) is back in the hospital related to cancer. She said SGD is looking really bad and the doctors are estimating 2-3 weeks tops.

Anyway... they live about 1300 miles from me. I'm not particularly close to my step-sister or her daughter. But I am close to my dad and his wife.

So would you try to scrape together the cash to go to the funeral? Or just send some flowers and a card or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I think flowers are nice if you can't get the money. Just let them know you tried to find it but it was not possible.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think you should go. Try you best to go. You don't want any regrets and I'm sure your Dad and his wife would be happy that you were there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ask your father if he would like you to be there or not. I really feel sympathetic for people who loose a child. Personally if I could go I would.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Funerals are for the living. If you can go... I think they would REALLY appreciate it.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i would try my best to go to the funeral. if it was just not at all possible then i would resort to sending flowers. i think it would mean alot to your step mom and dad if you went to the funeral.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i'm a family person and no matter what no matter how closely related or not related or close i was to them i would go to the funeral and try to get the money to go. this is their last day on earth and i wouldn't want to regret not having gone.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would try to go, but if you can't, you can't. It will mean so much more to your SM and dad if you were there.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i would go its a young kid i think they would like that
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010