What do you think about what Terry Jones wants to do?

This day and age, I can't believe bs like this. No wonder the world is in the state it is.
Does he really want to start another war?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Everybody basically hit this particular nail on the head. But, unfortunately, he is getting attention. I read on my Yahoo page this morning that President Obama is going to speak with him to try and change his mind about the Qu'ran burnings. Now, when was the last time that something YOU did caught the attention of the president?? That's the problem with the wack-a-loons like this. They get the attention. They get the headlines in the news. It's not the peacful, loving christians that you have to watch out for. It's THIS type of fanatacism that is dangerous and needs to be watched.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i think his hate for Islam has blinded his (supposed) love for Jesus.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I believe he is deceived. He doesn't understand what the true message of the Cross , nor does he seem to understand the Grace of God and the love of God. It is Ironic the church is called DOVE Outreach Center. Dove represents PEACE!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I believe he is the ultimate terrorist, hiding behind the guise of a "god" and religion. I believe he is the epitome of what a coward is and is deeply, deeply disturbed. I believe his idea of the "holy bible" and god has become twisted and rotten and blackened.
    It's a shame he actually has followers.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• lol, BradenIsMySon! :)

I think he's immature and self centered. He's obviously more concerned about his statement than about the billions of innocent people he's going to offend, or even the handful of not so innocent people who would react out of anger, in violence. He cares more about making his point (which is a rather hypocritical one at that) than about social responsibility.

I believe he totally misses the point of the Christian message...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That he is an idiot who is too self-absorbed to understand that it's actions like these that CAUSE extremism in the first place. I hope he wakes up to the fact that this kind of action can only lead to more violence, pain, and suffering. To paraphrase the Buddha: "Never does hatred cease by hatred. Hatred ceases by love. This is an eternal law."
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• While it is pointless, I support his right protected under the Constitution to do so. He should be able to freely express his hatred toward Islam without his life and the life of others in his church threatened. He is facing extreme backlash from all groups, the Government has stepped in, he is being investigated, his loan is being terminated and the bank is demanding immediate payment on his property. Why are all these things happening? because he disagrees with Islam and wants to demonstrate against it. To me this shows that Islam is not a peaceful religion. Instead of taking these that disagree with Islam in stride, Muslims rise up in anger, violent protests, send death threats, and even kill those who don't agree. If those who follow allah are truly peaceful they should turn the other cheek and pray for this man instead of threatening his life, staging violent protests and burning American flags. Both sides are wrong
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 3:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe he is a doucher.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think he is off his rocker.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Agreed, okmanders.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010