I need a fast way to help my husband lower his cholesterol. It seems we can reduce his health insurance premium hundred of dollars a month by lowering his cholesterol.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• Here goes this is what I do all day at work lol and if you have any more question just PM me hopes that help some.

getting atleast 30 min of exercise 5 times a week or more, by walking, dance, tennis, swimming laps, riding a bike, simple things to get moving
    Cut out red meat, fried food, sweets, eggs, watch salt content
    Meat more fish, whole grains, beans, fruit, veggies, bake and grill foods.
    watch the fats in ur foods you eat cause that goes to the LDL and TG levels.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 9:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Cut out butter and other saturated fats, add whole grains like old fashioned oatmeal and whole wheat bread. Also, excersise will help a lot.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• *exercise...wow it's been a long day! lol
    rhianna1708

• you could always call his dr. and ask them for a strict diet for him to follow. i'm sure they would be more than happy to help you
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Totally serious- cherrios. No sugar, if he needs flavor some fresh berries.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oats---Cheerios or Old fashioned oatmeal,the kind you cook on the stove. And SALMON. FishOil capsules. Niacin. I am trying that right now because my cholesterol is a little high. AND lose about 10 pounds. Good luck
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Cheerios. It's been in commercials for a decade now that they help lower cholesterol. Worth a try. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the OTC Niacin should not be used to lower CL cause its not FDA approved for CL but as a diet supplment.

Just wanted to make sure you know that there is a difference in the too some people dont, but OTC Niacin is also in drinks like red bull, so that tells u that its not for true CL.

Fish oil is also a good one but make sure u ask his doctor before he starts takeing them if he is on any medications.

hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 9:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010