Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing financial help

I am currently a (single) sahm was going to school for social work, but to get a big degree i need to transfer. I am not willing to up and move my kids from their dad. So I have decided to get into beauty school but i need money help. The school doesn't offer anything. Does anyone have any ideas of any governement help, to help me pay for beauty school. I am 40 yrs old to need to get my life going, I was married for 16 years and was always home with my children. Thanks for the help. I am in Michigan if that matters.

Answer Question

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 7:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 11 (650 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Hmmm... I know that you can apply for FAFSA but I don't know if that counts for beauty school or not. I don't really know but I will give you a bump!

    Answer by sassyhettel at 8:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • does the school work with any banks that may give you a student loan?

    Answer by ny.chica at 8:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • You can get student loan for beauty school, I had one. If this school dosen't offer financial aid, I would look into another school. Seriously.

    Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008


    might be able to give you some information. It is a scholarship site

    Answer by Etoile39 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.