need advice ASAP who would go to jail or get in trouble....her selling or them buying

so my sis has two kids and gets foodstamps well she dosent take care of the kids my grandmother and aunt do...so she gave them her foodstamps card and to help her out my aunt paid half of the ammount....well she quit school and is pregnant with another baby from another boy....well now she is calling the cops on my aunt and grandmother for buying her foodstamps....who would get in trouble\go to jail?? her for selling them or them for buying

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• i doubt anyone would go to jail but she would probably have a HUGE fine to pay... but i dont know for sure.
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Wow thats really messed up, but I wanna say that if you grandmother and aunt explain what happened that they shouldn't get into much or any trouble. sounds like she's just trying to make problems and in my experience most cops can see right through that sort of thing. I mean in actuality all they have to say is she let them use the card to buy her daughter food and they knew she was broke so they lent her a few dollars. One doesn't have to have anything to do with the other. I dunno really messed up!
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Both her for selling and them for buying but she would have to prove they bought them.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Your sister is stupid. She is jeopardizing her ability to ever get food stamps no matter how bad she needs them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think she would lose her foodstamps nd have to pay the dHS back. I would be hard to prove they bought them.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I do not know about jail but she may get a fine and will most likely lose her benefits since she sold them. She is basically telling on herself. Can she really prove that they bought them or is it just her word? If your grandmother and aunt are taking care of the kids then they should be documenting things and perhaps get custody so they can get the benefits legally for the kids.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Some one needs to smack your sister.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It's Fraud for your Grandmother/Aunt to use the foodstamps that are assigned under their name. Which means they are commiting a felony. Buying them might be a harder offense, but I'm not sure. I know that it isn't legal, but I'm not sure if it's any more of a sentence.

Your sister is at fault as well for selling the food stamps to your Grandmother/Aunt. They are both liable for the actions that they've commited. It might be a slap on the wrist to jail time. Depending the situation as seen by the judge and the judge themselves.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sounds like a mess to me, I tend to agree with Jazzlike on this one. Sounds like Mom & Gr-Mom need to let her take care of her business and stop enabeling her. She's a big girl she knows what the heck she's doing, get pregnat, have fun, give to Mom and GR-Mom go have fun. I'd say they are all at fault, her for selling, them for using.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• she has ruined her chances of ever getting any food stamps for herslef or her children. now if your relatives are caring for the kids in their home they would of been able to get food stamps for the children but i'm pretty sure that now they have lost their chance at that. your sis is very stupid and bitter by the sound of things. she will get a huge fine. well sucks for her.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010