Would you let your kids go on this field trip??????

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/463283.aspx

Read the above news article - what do you think?

I'm just glad I live in TX when that kind of field trip would never be scheduled!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no, not because its gay but because its a wedding, i just think its weird to attend a wedding as a field trip?? WHAT?!?! Especially a bunch of first graders what does a wedding have to teach 1st graders? isnt that the point of field trips? theyre supposed to teach something??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I home schooled my kids until 5th grade, but I thought that all "field trips" required permission slips signed by the parent/guardian. At 1st grade, I would not okay this as a field trip for my kids. But I was also lucky to have always live in very conservative towns while raising mine.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't have a problem with gay marriage but I don't see tossing flower petals at one a learning experience. I mean, maybe having a little party for the teacher at the school where the kids could make cards or something just like they would for a straight teacher maybe, but spending taxpayer dollars on a school bus to cart a bunch of six-year-olds to a wedding so they can learn about same-sex love is a little rediculous.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I sure would! I think it's great! In a world where they are going to hear so much bashing against every single way of life I think it's great that they are being exposed to alternative ways of life early!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• NO I WOULDN'T LET MY CHILDREN. I BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD WHICH SAYS THAT MAN WITH MAN OR WOMAN WITH WOMAN IS A ABOMINATION. NOW IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THIS IT'S OKAY. BUT IF YOU HAVE FEAR OF THE LORD, WHY WOULD YOU PUT THIS IN FRONT OF THEM TO GET IN AGREEMENT WITH IT. NOW IF IT WAS A RELATIVE OF COURSE WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO LOVE AND NOT JUDGE ANY ONE ELSE DECISION, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, WE HAVE TO TEACH THEM WHAT RIGHT IN THE EYE SIGHT OF GOD. IF SOMEONE WANTED YOU TO GO ON A FIELD TRIP TO WATCH A RAPE OR MURDER WOULD YOU GO AND ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO GO? NOW IF YOUR RELATIVE COMMITED THESE CRIMES AND THEY WENT TO JAIL FOR IT, OF COURSE YOU COULD STILL LOVE THEM, AND VISIT THEM AND SUPPORT THEM, BUT NOT BE IN AGREEMENT TO WHAT THEY DID!
    Anonymous

• yes i would allow my child to go to the wedding... but not during school hours... its not an educational event to be honest!! I am not a prejudice person.... my brother and some of my best friends are homosexuals... i would like it if my brother could have the same happiness i have with my DH... and the fincial advantages of marriage!!!... its not right that some people want to deprive others of happiness...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would not have allowed my child to miss class time to attend a wedding, gay or straight. That's pretty ridiculous to me. Do you honestly believe that taking 5 & 6 year olds to a marriage ceremony is a "teachable" moment? I seriously doubt it.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 8:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't believe the trip was meant to be educational per se. I believe the intent was more to install the roots of tolerance. I see it in the same light as a trip to the Latin Heritage Museum, or a Holocaust Memorial.

I would have no problem allowing my children to go. Weddings are supposed to be celebrations of love (now-a-days), and I see nothing wrong with them witnessing one on the school's time.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• no way... to each his own but i am totally aganist gay marriage..... its just wrong and children shouldn't be taught this in school.....

they cant say merry christmas in school anymore but they can take em to a gay wedding....????
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• No I wouldn't want my son going. I don't care if gays get married but I don't want my son thinking it's ok for two people of the same sex to get married.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008