What's a good color to paint a room?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• well, we have a milk chocolate room, a sage green room, a royal blue room and a maroon bathroom. They are all great colors!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i just painted my kitchen a color called evening glow... it's a soft golden yellow. i'm about to paint the family room and morning room 2 shades lighter than that (i forget what that's called). i'm going to paint the living room and dining room a greyish-green color
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Depends on what you like?? I know that red isn't good for bedrooms for a lot of people.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• depends on what room you are putting it in, bedrooms softer colors, blues greens browns, you can get away with the brighter colors in the living room, reds oranges yellows
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If I could paint my rooms (paneling) I'd choose a soft pink walls with brown trim for living room; a light turquios for the bath to have a tropical fish theme; red walls with black and white checkerboard floors and a bright yellow for trim for kitchen with either a cherry or rooster theme; a soft purple for my bedroom; a pretty orange (like tang) for youngest sons room; and bright blue for older sons room. Thats my dream home colors.
    FrantasiesArt

Answer by FrantasiesArt at 9:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Depends on the room.
    If you have a lot of light in the room then you want to paint it a saturated color, not neccsarily dark though. You want to stick with a matte finish to reduce the glare from the natural light.

If you have a darker room then you want to choose a brighter color, so the light that does come in helps lighten up the room.

If you have a small room you want to stay with lighter colors. The darker color you go the more closed in you'll feel in that room.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think I prefer a room that has color with the white trimming... white borders, etc. Makes it feel more clean cut
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I love yellow for a kitchen, peach and green for a bathroom, beige for dinning room, living rooms pale green. My bed room is southwest colors, have 1 bedroom in navy blue and gold(kids school colors, they insisted), one bedroom pale yellow and blue with same color boarders and office different shades of green. Since the greens are so different from each other it looks great and makes the room look larger. If you are looking for ideas, I suggest you go to your local paint store and check out their computer generated colors in rooms. Gives you a great idea on colors you would like. Have fun, I always do!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• This of course is a personal preference but I love different shades of peach. I've always wanted to do a bedroom in varying shades of this color.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Depends on the room and how much wall space you are covering. I like hunter green, sage green, a very pale blue, turquoise, some shades of red and some shades of yellow
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010