How do I get my daughter 18 mos to quit pulling her hair out?

My 18 mo old daughter pulls out hair when she sucks her thumb and she tickles her nose with it. I cannot get her to stop. She now has a bald spot on her right side. It is driving me crazy. Help!!

mjhart

Asked by mjhart at 11:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have never heard of this before but see if this works:
    get her a plastic vase and get some pretty craft store feathers and put them out for her to get and tickle her nose with whenever she wants.
    oh and make sure you show her what you bought them for,
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I am sorry I understand your pain and your concern, my dog sasha is my baby I think of her as my daughter and I do have a son 8 months. I consider her my baby and I would be so hurt and mad if something happened to her.
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 11:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i would put it up in a bun and put lime on it so it stays and that way she wont like the oder or taste or talk to ur doctor about it?
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Maybe get her a doll w/ longer hair that feels more real she may start playing with her dollys hair and tickeling her nose w/ that. I would show her how to tickel her nose w/ it to show her it is ok. I would also talk to my family dr to see if he has any other ideas.
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 12:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• tell her to stop hurting your daughter!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 5:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I would talk to the DR there is a disorder that could be the cause Ive seen specials on it and have an adult friend that had done this most of her life. Look into it now there are often things that are easier remedied when young than as they get older. I wish you the best in getting help for your little one. Ill be praying for you. D
    NonnieD

Answer by NonnieD at 3:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008