What happens next?

My dh and I havebeenwalking for 3 months now 2 to 3 miles a day (sometimes 1 day off) with in the week.
Well anyway we both lost 10 to 12 lbs. But now we are where we want but what now I feel like were are stuck in a rut. What now we will continue to walk but what else is there?
Looking for suggestions thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you mean what can you do to change up your fitness routine? if you enjoy walking you could just do it in a change of scenery. go to a new park for a walk.... go on a hike somewhere..... if you like to ride bikes that's good exercise too. congrats on reaching your goal though :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• When you go walking find a place with lots of steps. Climb the steps, go down and up again....you can also walk with 5 to 8 lb weights. It helps. Don't get discouraged and keep going. Good for you and your DH:)
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You should look into a Wii Fit! My mom bought me one for my birthday last month and I absolutely love it! IMO it's the funnest way to burn calories. Plus, there are multiplayer games so you and your DH can play against each other. :)
    racheljessee

Answer by racheljessee at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• make sure you take vitamins and drink a lot of water to speed metabolism. Ankle weights could be helpful and if you walked doing arm exercises.
    Great job though! That is great you have kept that up and achieved that much.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I lost alot of weight too from walking the only problem is,you have to keep doing it,to keep the weight off.I would keep walking but not so many miles aday, take up swimming or aerobics for awhile and then go back to walking those miles.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Scout out different places... even if you have to drive to get there, and bring a camera and snap shots as you "do your thing"... local parks, different neighborhoods, do whatcha need to?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• do nature hikes instead of just walking the neighborhood
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I suggest changing your scenery, but I don't suggest using weights on your ankles. I ended up at the orthopeadic b/c I had knee pain after using 2 lb weights and walking a mile. He yelled at me like you wouldn't believe. You can use them when you are stationary but not while walking. Good luck and congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It sounds like you need to change your routine up a little before you start to plateau. Every few months you should do something different or add something new to your routine. Do you do any strength or toning? You could incorporate some pushups/ crunches in your routine. Or you can add a little jogging in there- just do little spurts- like do 30 seconds of running every half mile.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• maybe you could jog a few minutes... just to change up your heart rate ya know... or find a hlilly trail to work different muscles
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 10:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010