Can I take prescription medication for yeast infection? adult content

I am pregnant and my yeast infections never go away with over the counter meds. I usually have to wait for my period to start before they go away, well obviously that won't be happening for several months...LOL I am calling the doctor tomorrow, but I was curious if any of ou were given the oral medication for yeast infections while pregnant?

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on what trimester you are in on what the doctor will give you. Do not take anything unless your doctor tells you, and you might want to start eating yogurt everyday to help your body fight this off.
    Ruthie170

Answer by Ruthie170 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• would check with your doctor
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• they have a pro-biotic now for yeast.... i would try that instead of medicine. it's like the benefits of eating yogurt, but in a much higher concentration. that would be ideal imo

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Diflucan but, not sure if it is safe with breastfeeding. Have you tried acidophyllis? It is an over the counter probiotic. Usually safe with pregnancy but, I would check it out with your OB doc before taking. Feel better.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Diflucan is not safe during pregnancy and most docs will tell you to treat OTC. The probiotic that helps with this is called PB8. It's found at the local herbalist in the cold section. If you get it off the shelf at room temp, it will not have even half of the cultures that it had originally.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010