Is it normal to not gain weight

This is my second pregnancy. I am 18 weeks pregnant and I havn't gained a pound. I was wondering is this normal for your second pregnancy?

ReaRea19

Asked by ReaRea19 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Can be. This is also my 2nd pregnancy and I didn't start gaining until around 20 weeks....although I showed earlier. I'm 36 weeks and just hit 20lbs. Much better than the 1st pregnancy where I started gaining immediately and gained 60!!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 8:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Its normal. Im 28 weeks ( with #2) and I have LOST 8 lbs. As long as you are healthy and your baby is growing and healthy its all good.
    Fiery_Momma06

Answer by Fiery_Momma06 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you had a lot of morning sickness it's pretty normal, some even lose weight. Also if your overweight it's normal, even recommened that you only gain 15 lbs. I'm 16 weeks and gained 2 lbs... I just eat a lot though. :) As long as baby is measuring okay and is healthy then consider yourself lucky!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i didn't gain weight till i was about 30 weeks along. i'd lost 20 with morning sickness and that was the only weight i gained. i weighed less the day after i delivered than i did when i got pregnant. i kept asking the NP that did my prenatal checks if that was ok and because i am a larger girl they were never concerned about it. she told me that because i'd been eating better and not drinking all the soda's that i used to before and that i was naturally loosing weight. as long as your dr isn't concerned then i wouldn't be.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm 30 weeks and my doctor is actually thrilled that I haven't gained any weight. I'm overweight to begin with though, so of course he's thrilled lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I didn't even start showing when I was pregnant till I was 5 months. Then the weight all piled on at the last minute. Ack.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 8:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I lost weight or stayed the same for a long time. I didn't actually gain an ounce until my 20 week appointment. I wouldn't worry.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It can be normal, especially if you are a big girl. I gained 15 lbs with my 2nd child. I gained 12 lbs with my 3rd, 6 lbs with my 4th and 6 lbs with my 5th. All were full term and healthy. Good luck! If you're eating ok and taking your vitamins, don't worry.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008