What can I make for the baby nursery?

I LOVE doing projects! Arts and craft type things... Don't have much money to spend so keep that in mind.

Anyone have any ideas of things I can make for a baby nursery... decorations not toys obviously.. I already made shelves, window treatments, "shhh... babies sleeping" signs, and wall names..

I have one more month to go and trying to pass the time as well as make the nursery more homey

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 9:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Maybe a special quilt or some wall-hanging cross stitches if you like doing that. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• At one point I would do cross stitch quilts with printed baby themes on them. It was fun to do, not very expensive and made a pretty quilt for a babies bed. I made several for gifts for expectant mothers who thought they were beautiful since each patterned quilt is totally original.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I started making a really cute counted cross-stitch birth announcement when I was pregnant. Maybe someday before my son is in college I will finish it, lol. Nice going mama, you've already gotten a lot done!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you don't already have a lamp you could make one to match the decor. My dad made one for each of his grandkids - bought the base, then stand, the shade and electrical stuff, plus a decoration to go on the lampstand. It's something my kids will have to pass on to their kids.

Answer by missanc at 9:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You can also make a mobile to hang from the ceiling. You can use a round wood circle usually found in the floral section at the craft store. Make and paint the decorations to put on it. Have fun. I have started a few things and never finished them as well. I have an ABC sampler that I have started and like the other mom, maybe I will have it done before she goes to college.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Do you know the name of your baby? I got wooden letters that spelled out a friend's baby's name, painted them to match the nursery and attached pretty ribbon to the back so that it looked like they were hanging from the ribbons. You could also decoupage the letters in fabric to match your bedding.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think a counted cross stitch baby sampler would be nice. One that includes a place for the babies name,weight, length, and time of birth. This would be treasured for years to come.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 1:47 AM on Sep. 10, 2010