??? 30 weeks pregnant!! Please HELP!!

So Monday I posted a question about abdominal pain. And was told that it could be round ligament pain but also called my doctor. She told me to go in if I felt it necessary but I told her that I would wait till the next morning and see if I was still uncomfortable. So tuesday morning comes and I wake up dizzy and still have the pain. It felt like a pulled muscle to me so I really wasnt worried about it. But I was worried about the dizziness. I just couldnt seem to get rid of it no matter what I did. So last night around 7:30 I started throwing up. I went in about 8 to l&d because I was having tightening of my belly. Turns out I was having contractions. They thought maybe I was dehydrated and hoped that with IV fluids they would go away. It only made it worse. They checked me and I am 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced. The doctor could feel her head. They ended up giving me a shot to stop the contractions. So I am now cont.....

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• cont.. on bed rest and still having contractions. Atleast I think I am. This is my first pregnancy so I really dont know what Im suppost to be feeling. But I am having this sharp pain right above my belly button. Could this be contractions? Or something else and if it is what could it be? Baby is still moving but not as much as she normally does. I have more discharge but I have not noticed blood or any abnormal color. And Im not leaking anything that I know of. When I do feel something I think it is just discharge. I have been having peliv pressure and rectal pressure and I know that I dont have to have a bm because I have had about 5 very loose bowel movements (tmi sorry). Can any of you ladies help me and maybe point me in the direction that I need to go? Thank you!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• are you at home? im sorry it sounds like labor.... it really does, if your in the hospital then good... thats what this sounds like. but if your at home, i would go back in....
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• sounds like labor to me I would call dr and go L&D and have them check everything out if your home if your at the hospital have them put the monitor thing on you to check forcontractions and all that
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yeah I'm at home! The doctor last night said that she felt comfortable sending me home if I felt comfortable. I was ok at the moment I guess because so I wanted go home. but now I dont know:( Im scared and this is my first and my doctor is a little over an hour away!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Honey, I think you're in labor. And at 30wks.. that's a but of a problem. You really should go back to the hospital. Normally I'm not the type to "rush" back to the hospital, but with it being so far away, it's best you head there now. Those are ALL signs of early labor.
    I hope everything works out and keep us posted if you can!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• oops... *bit* of a problem... not *but*..
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010